I hope you enjoyed the Easter weekend. Luckily we were blessed with some bright weather, even though it was a bit chilly out of the sun.
In this newsletter
- Your feedback – what you told us about online demonstrations and what you would like to see next
- If you missed it, or if you want to see it again, a link to our Victoria Manser Demonstration
- Molly Dicker and Sylvanarth Drawing Competition now open for entries until 16 April 21
Online Demonstrations – What you told us
Thank you to everyone who took the time to send in your feedback. 51 members completed our quick 4 question survey which will help us to plan your May online demonstration. Highlights from your feedback follow:
- 64% of respondents said they had joined the demonstration
What you told us you liked best was
- The subject and the detail
- Clear explanations by the artist
- Lots of hints and tips
- Being stimulated to try something new
- A close up view of the fine detail
I was heartened to see that one of the most popular comments was that you enjoyed being able to see other members after such a long break. I hope it won’t be too much longer before we can meet up in person, but of course we will always be following the government’s guidelines to keep everyone safe in whatever we do as a group.
Those people who didn’t attend the demo but still filled in the questionnaire told us why they didn’t join in on this occasion:
- 21% said they weren’t interested in this medium
- 16% said they didn’t enjoy online events
- 10% said they couldn’t ‘do’ online and
- 53% were otherwise busy on the evening
The final question we asked was what would you like us to try and organise for our May online demonstration.
- The most popular topic was portrait, closely followed by seascapes or landscapes
- Popular medium choices included watercolour, drawing/sketching, mixed media, and oils
Thank you everyone for your feedback. I’ll be sharing this with our programme organiser Jenny Gibbs who will do her best to bring us another enjoyable online demonstration in May.
Victoria Manser Demonstration now available exclusively to members on our website
You can access this the menus on our hompage. Please go to What’s on > Programme of monthly meetings > Members Page: Victoria Manser online demonstration.
Molly Dicker and Sylvanarth Drawing Competitions – How to enter
We will be holding our annual drawing competition online this year. Your drawing can be in any drawing medium but must be created without the use of water or any other wetting agent.
The competition title is ‘Something Old, Something New’
The competition for the Molly Dicker Trophy will be judged by artist appraisal.
The Sylvanarth Trophy is awarded by the President of Fareham Art Group for an entry chosen from the field of paintings in the Molly Dicker drawing competition.
How to submit your entry
Take a photograph of your entry and email it to farehamartgroupinfo:gmail.com. Please remember to include:
- Membership number
- The title of your painting
- The medium used
- The size (dimensions) of your finished work
The closing date for entries is Friday 16th April 2021
Enjoy your painting!