At last, our Annual General Meeting is able to take place. We will be meeting at the Trinity Church Hall, Fareham on Thursday 9th September from 7pm.
We want to celebrate our return by serving coffee, tea and cake and the opportunity to meet up safely. It will be our first chance to get together at the hall since the beginning of the pandemic and we will be following the government’s guidelines to keep everyone safe.
As well as the usual AGM formalities of voting in the committee for the forthcoming year we will be:
- Sharing our programme of events for the year ahead – demonstrations in the church hall will be starting again at the end of September, and we’ll be including the return of our extended Saturday workshops!
- Updating you on the latest news about our 70th Anniversary Exhibition which takes place on 30 and 31 October in the Titchfield Community Centre
- Selling pop up 3-D cards to fundraise for the exhibition – see the pictures of these lovely cards on our Facebook or on the front page of our website www.farehamartgroup.co.uk
- Presenting certificates to the winners of the competitions that took place during lockdown, and we’ll be awarding the trophies to the current winners.
- Holding our annual Jenny Jennings and Diamond Trophy competition The subject of this year’s competition is Emotion. Your entry can be in any medium. Competition guidelines are available on our website. Please bring your painting along to the AGM. The winning entry will be chosen by members popular vote on the evening.
- Displaying any completed entries in the Mayor’s Christmas Card Competition – If you have completed your entry please bring it along and we will photograph it for you.
A plea for a little help on the night:
- The committee are still struggling without a clerk, and will need a volunteer to take some notes at our AGM. If you are able to help please get in touch, even if you can only help on this one occasion.
- We’ll need some volunteers to please make tea and coffee
We’re really looking forward to seeing you. So I hope you can make it.