Fareham Art Group holds an annual exhibition to celebrate the artistic achievements of its members throughout the year. The exhibition is usually held in the autumn.
Rules for exhibiting
1. Only full members of Fareham Art Group may exhibit, your membership number is required on the entry form. All exhibits must be presented to a good standard. This includes mounting and framing where appropriate. The Exhibition committee reserve the right not to exhibit any item which is deemed to contain unsuitable content.
2. Exhibits must be an original work. You are responsible for the originality of your own work. Copyright of all work remains the property of the artist and Fareham Art Group will not be held responsible for any work exhibited by members that infringes copyright law.
3. Up to 5 full size paintings are allowed. If there is insufficient space you may not be able to have all your paintings hung. If this occurs you will be notified and a refund of your entry fee will be made. Your order of preference for hanging is deemed to be the order in which you list your exhibit on the entry form. Each painting must bear the name of the artist, title, medium and price by means of a label stuck to the back of the painting.
4. Box type canvasses are acceptable unframed for hanging provided that the sides of the canvas are painted. No box canvas will be accepted as a portfolio entry.
5. Paintings need to be securely framed and prepared with D rings and cord.
6. Prints are accepted in the portfolio display stands but they must be good quality prints produced on fine art paper. They must be clearly marked as a print.
7. Miniatures (including frames) must not exceed 6 x 4.5 inches.
8. Unframed flat paintings / drawings will only be accepted for inclusion in the portfolio racks. They must be protected by plastic folders or covers and have a label stuck to the back with the artist, title, medium and price.
9. The Exhibition Committee reserves the right to decline submissions if there are space / size constraints.
10. Paintings previously entered may be resubmitted.
11. We rely on exhibitors to make themselves available to undertake a short period of stewarding.
Exhibition picture hanging fixings
The following pictures show the hanging fixings that are acceptable:
The following pictures show the hanging fixings that are NOT acceptable: